Non-Manual Signals: ASL Markers and English Equivalents
July 24-25, 2015 in Sacramento ~ CEU’s Available
Imaginists Interpreted Performance of The Art is Medicine Show/ El Show el arte es medicina
July 25th at 4:00pm in Santa Rosa at Finley Park
The show will be performed in Spanish and English and A Dreamer will be providing ASL interpreting.
ASL Interpreted Stage Performances in San Francisco
· 8/15/15 @ 2 pm, Matilda, the Musical, Orpheum Theater
· 9/27/15 @ 2 pm, Phantom of the Opera, Orpheum Theater
How To Buy Tickets in the ASL Interpreted Section (front left yellow seats on theater seating map):
FAX 415-581-2121 Please include the show name, number of tickets, date and time of show, credit card and daytime contact information. Ask for the ASL Interpreted Section (front left yellow seats on theater seating map)
Click on the shows, click on Newsies, scroll down & click on March 15 @ 2 pm, choose & click on yellow seats in the ASL Interpreted Section (front left on theater seating map), check out, pay.
2015 Mental Health Interpreter Training
August 3-7, 2015
A collaborative effort between the Alabama Department of Mental Health’s Office of Deaf Services ADARA and Troy University Interpreter Training Program
A 40-hour course designed to provide a sound basis for interpreters to work effectively in mental health settings as part of an professional team. It includes lectures, demonstrations, exercises, evaluation and discussion to develop knowledge, skills and resources to ensure that services are linguistically and culturally appropriate.
* Demand-Control Theory applied to mental health interpreting
* Medical and mental health systems and culture
* Sources of communication breakdown associated with mental illness and treatment
* Interpreters’ roles, tools, and resources
* Severe language dysfluency and Visual – Gestural Communication
* Psychiatric emergencies
* Support groups and Community Mental Health Services
Bob Pollard, Robyn Dean, Roger Williams, Steve Hamerdinger, Charlene Crump, Brian McKenny, Shannon Reese, et. al.
A minimum of 4.0 RID CEUs will be offered.
For more info: email@example.com